- Lead the central function supporting the manufacturing sites in all aspects of lean and six sigma activities, production launch and transfer, continuous improvement activities, production process execution and optimization, facility investment and expansion, and daily management
- The successful candidate will direct teams of Quality Engineers and Industrial Engineers, primarily at the Salem, OH, Grand Prairie, TX, Monterrey, and Aguascalientes manufacturing facilities, and secondarily within the network of all production facilities in North America, who are responsible for implementing best practices and scaling with speed.
- Travel will be 50-75% of the time, mostly US and Mexico.
- Ultimately seek to extend and implement best practices to the distribution centers as well.
- Measures of Success (Mission)
- Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost Key Performance Indicators
- Sales and Core Earnings
- Supply Chain Productivity
Strategically focus on process modifications to increase efficiencies on manufacturing processes used to fabricate tubs and shower bases (thermoforming, fiber and resin application, trimming, assembly and pack)
Optimize the processes within New Product Introduction (Stage/Gate) and Production Part Approval
Develop the strategy for tool design, deploying best practices from outside the industry
Determine the correct locations for New Product Introductions working closely with Product Development
Strategically develop improvements to the implementation of changes through the ECN and 4M processes
Developing and deploying Training (6s, 5s, Kaizen, Lean),
Value Stream Mapping (current & future state) of primary and secondary manufacturing sites
Line Balancing with the goal of one piece flow
Develop the strategy and best practices for Routings & BOMs for NPD and current products
Tool and Fixture Design for NPD and ongoing production
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering or Equivalent degree
Master’s degree in Business Administration or Mechanical Engineering is a plus
Certifications: Professional Engineer, Six Sigma Black Belt is a plus
At least 10 years in Engineering, Sourcing, or Quality related roles as a manager in a discrete manufacturing environment (Fortune 500 Company is a plus)
Excellent Communication and Presentation Skills
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed