This position is working for Amstan Logisitcs. Amstan Logistics is a provider of a full range of logistics services to American Standard and their customers and vendors in addition to over 300 customers outside the American Standard family. Amstan operates as a licensed property broker.
The Sales Assistant I is responsible for owning the customer relationship with our contract customers. They are assigned specific customers and they assume total account ownership for those customers. They are responsible for establishing and growing the customer relationship once the customer is handed off from Sales to Operations.
Our current office is located in Hamilton, OH. We are moving to Liberty Township, OH in January 2019.
· Build loads as required by customer requirements and in a timely manner.
· Schedule all loads and make any required notations in Mercury Gate.
· Maintain communication with brokers to ensure timely pickup and delivery.
· Promptly communicate any service issues to customers and provide resolution alternatives
· Never let a customer tell us that we failed!
· Own your customers from end to end. Although we operate as a team the individual is responsible to assure that their freight is handled per customer expectations.
· Support growing the company's current book of business by providing excellent customer service.
· Must be able to communicate effectively and efficiently via phone and email.
• HS Diploma/GED Required.
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency & thrive in a fast-paced, hands-on environment.
• Knowledge of FTL brokerage industry.
• Must be familiar with all industry tools and their use including dispatch software.
• Mercury Gate experience is a plus.
• Ability to interact with customers in a positive and professional manner.
• Requires a strong competitive drive to beat competitors and show the value that Amstan brings.
• Excellent detail, organization, and time management skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at one time; assigning/delegating other tasks as needed to the team.
• Must have a positive attitude with customers and staff.
• Candidate must have verifiable experience working in a truck brokerage.
• Always be selling Amstan across all modes.